Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Breaking news!

As you know, I've been working on this story for about a year and a half now. And I'm happy (and somewhat embarrassed) to say that I finally have a name for the protagonist of the story. I'd had an initial name, which I didn't like. And eventually that name was reduced to the letter D. Now, This whole time I knew the name had to begin with a D. Someone suggested was that its because my name begins with a D. They might be correct, I don't know. And I can't explain, but I think some of you will understand, but the name had to begin with a D. So I sat down and just ran through various possible endings. And somehow I found the name. Sorry, that should be THE name. And his name is Denoch. Ta da! I know its seems trivial, but this was a big thing for me; the hero of the story finally had a name. BTW, its pronounced den-ick, even though its spelt like Enoch from the Bible. I'm proud of this name :)

The lieutenants sought out this sect, each element to its own respective mortal guardian; each revealing themself and their power. The group, then compelled by forces beyond their own understanding, found themselves united for the first time since the campaign had begun. They had feared such a gathering knowing that it would make themselves a nigh on irresistible target. But that night, they were guarded by the elements themselves. Each bore their tale of their communion with the elemental beings. As were the people, so were their stories unique. The seven lieutenants too, gathered all in that place. They listened to the mortals' tales, reveled in their camaraderie. The lieutenants were humbled by the seven men and women that sat around the fire before them. It was in these seven that the lieutenants saw some hope for man.

4 comments: